Thursday, April 1, 2010

vegetarian tour of the world


In Paris it is easy to get sick of not knowing if what you are ordering is vegetarian or not, especially when you don't speak French. So tonight I found a vegetarian restaurant a few streets from our hotel. This makes such a big difference, even if I don't know what I'm ordering, I know its safe. We went to Au Grain de Folie in Montmartre. It was tiny and felt like we were just sitting in someone's kitchen while they cooked us tea, which I guess is what it was, only we paid for it. But it was very homey and the food was delicious. We watched her cook it all so you know everything is freshly made, even if it takes a little while as it is one lady doing everything. But it brought me to thinking about the other amazing vegetarian restaurants I have eaten at along my travels.

Paradise Found Cafe, North Shore Oahu, Hawaii

California Vegan, Hollywood, LA

Truly Vegan, Hollywood, LA

Herbivore, Mission district, San Francisco

Enjoy vegetarian restaurant (Chinese), downtown San Francisco

Udupi Palace (Indian), Mission, San Francisco

Blossom, New York

Maoz Vegetarian (fast food felafel), Everywhere

Espiral (cafeteria style) Lisbon

Yellow Sunshine vegetarian diner, Berlin

Earth Cafe - Marrakech, Morocco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog